Cardiology specializes in disorders of the heart and includes medical diagnosis and treatment of congenital heart defects, heart failure, coronary disease and more.
In Patient Care
Our highly regarded inpatient cardiology care shows we are dedicated to continuously improving the safety and quality of care we provide with maintaining a high level of quality and compliance with the latest standards.
Our center offers access to adult cardiology services for all types of cardiovascular disease. Our staff includes cardiologists, heart surgeons and nurse practitioners.
Services provided by adult cardiology:
Transthoracic, Transesophageal & Intracardiac Echocardiography
- Transthoracic Echo (TTE):
This is an ultrasound of the heart; the corner stone of diagnosing structural heart abnormalities.
- Transesophegeal Echo (TEE):
This is an ultrasound of the heart through a small camera inserted in the esophagus & stomach (when needed). Usually performed under sedation or anesthesia.
- Intracardiac Echo (ICE):
This ultrasound of the heart is performed from 'within' the heart. The catheter that contains the camera is inserted in the vein into the heart chambers. This is usually performed during interventional cardiac catheterization procedures.
- The Electrocardiogram is a graphical representation of the electrical work of heart muscle. It is useful in looking for heart rhythm problems, heart enlargement and other cardiac problems.
24-hour ECG (Holter) & Cardiac Event Monitor
- The Holter is a device that is worn and attached to patient's chest to record the heart rhythm over 1-2 days.
- The Event Monitor on other hand operates wirelessly and is smaller than the Holter. It is used over long periods to record the ECG when needed at home, and is activated during the 'event' by either the patient or a parent.
Arrhythmia Management & Pacemaker Programing
- The pacemaker is 'interrogated' its settings adjusted on regular basis using a special computer (Programmer).
Exercise (Stress) Testing
- The Exercise (Stress) Test shows how well the patient's heart works and adjusts to different levels of activity.
- The workload achieved by running a specified distance helps diagnose various cardiac abnormalities as well guide children exercise capacity and sports participation
Interventional Cardiac Catheterization
- Certain cardiac defects can be managed in the cath lab without surgery. Cardiac Catheterization is a procedure performed by us using special techniques and a tools.
- Such techniques perform the repair without surgically opening the chest and heart.
- Congenital or acquired heart disease.
- Heart rhythm disorders.
- Heart murmurs.
- High blood pressure and high cholesterol.
- Heart failure.
- Childhood and adolescent obesity.
- Chest pain.
- Syncope and fainting.